Re: vapor separator

looks like the thread is still going. I wonder why no body gave the fix.

Not sure if it is the same on the 2l engin, on the V6, that's the
little black and somewhat cylindrical piece on top of passenger side
came cover near the distributor. If this is what we are talking about,
then in order to "fix" it , you'll need a glass jar with cover and is
big enough to put the vapor separator in, a can/container/whatever of
carb cleaner solution (if you really can't find it, just buy those
spray and spend some time to empty the content into the glass jar).

Put the vapor separator into the glass jar and pour carb cleaner
solution into the jar enough to completely cover the vapor separator so
the vapor separator is submerged in the solution.

Cover the glass jar and shake vigorously to work carb cleaner
into the vapor separator. Let it stand over night, shake again,
and for really really tough clog, let stand 2 nights and shake.

By the end, you'll have a brand-new working vapor separator with
bare metal shine (all the paint were disolved into the carb cleaner!)

if you really want to, paint the vapor separator with garvanized paint.

Re-install with reverse order of the way you de-installed it.

Jess