Seeking advice on Giulietta

Greetings Alfisti!
Ok, I'm a newbie to all this Alfa stuff, but I need some educated opinions.
I've been lusting after my cousin's 1958 Giulietta for the past ten plus
years, and he's finally decided to offer it for sale.  It's structurally
sound, and has had a complete rebuild on a 1965 Sprint engine, which is
installed.  A lot of the car is in boxes ( gauges, lamp trim, etc.) but I
think most of the major mechanical parts of the car have been gone through.
Questions:  How screwy is it to have put a 1600 Veloce engine (with normale
pistons for lower compression ratio) into a Giulietta, where does the
Giulietta stand in the Alfa family tree (not a black sheep???), Anything
particularly odd or desirable about that year and model, and what kind of
money is it worth in current condition?  Hope you can help, I may soon be a
hopeless addict like the rest of you.  David