Good Homes for Alfasud Engines etc. (UK)

This post is only likely to be of interest to UK based Alfasud enthusiasts.  In
my younger days I grew up in southeast England.  I indulged my Alfa interest by
owning a couple of 'Suds, one of which suffered from terminal rust and the body
was scrapped.  However, I first removed the engine and gearbox, and I also had
a second engine and gearbox lying around.  All of these are still present in my
parents garage (much to their annoyance), and I thought that I could do them
and some list members a favour by getting rid of them.  I ask only that the
lucky new owners donate a few pounds to my parents as a token storage fee
(maybe 10 quid per piece?).

The following is what I have, to the best of my ability to recall after 10
years.  No guarantees of condition, either original or especially after
longterm storage:

Engine, 4-cyl boxer 1300cc.  Underwent full bottom end rebuild including new
oil pump, machining by competant shop, assembled in part by myself.  Heads were
fully reconditioned shortly afterward due to missed shift (bent valves, but
pistons seemed fine).  Has one twin-choke Weber carb.  Ran well, but suffered
from rear crank seal oil leak due to distorted seal (leaks onto caliper - needs
to be fixed before use!).  Probably less than 5K miles since the work.  Stored
assembled (with oil I think) in dry but drafty garage for > 10 years, so
probably needs some work, but basically sound.  Was installed in my 1978 4-door
Sud.

Gearbox & diff, 5-speed used with above engine, ratios unknown.  Shifted OK but
jumped out of most gears, and definitely in need of new synchros (see above
missed shift problem - I got 1st instead of 3rd at 50mph =80).  Has calipers
attached, I think.

Engine, 4-cyl boxer believed to be 1200cc.  Was in the 1978 Sud when I bought
it.  Got the car cheap because the engine was bad, but don't recall details.
 Serious though, maybe holed piston, blown rings or spun bearing?  Would need
total rebuild, don't even know if the block is good.  Has one single-choke
carb, not sure if Weber or Solex.

Gearbox & diff, 5-speed obtained from scrapyard, intended as replacement for
above 'box before terminal rust found.  Condition and ratios unknown, but
supposed to be from similar vintage Sud.  Supposed to be OK, but probably worn
(not rebuilt).

All items located in Surrey, England.  Please contact me off digest if
interested at johnsnd@domain.elided to make arrangements.

Dave J. (now US resident)
1982 GTV6

- --