driveshaft powdercoating/balancing issues

Greetings Alfisti!
         My net impaired friend,Bryan Carter asked me to post this question to
other Alfisti.He owns a '87 Milano Verde;and is wanting to powdercoat the
driveshaft of his car....red,of course.
      Anyway, his questions concern the driveshaft doughnuts.The ones on his
car are new, and he's wondering how to compress them so that he can get them
back on the car when the powdercoating/rebalancing job is completed.As you
know there's a metal band on them that is removed once the doughnut is put on
the car.He's worried that once he gets the doughnuts off the car,they will be
uncompressed, and trying to get the same ones back on the car would mean that
since they are no longer compressed, they will not match up properly to the
bolt holes.What can he do to compress the doughnuts so he can get the same
ones on the car again?
Please respond to Milanogold@domain.elided;I'll print it for him.
Thanks,
Terry Akins