Re: DOT 4 brake fluid

An Italian car expert advised me to use only Castrol LMA everything else
would ruin the seals.  At the same time he stated that LMA was bad news for
American cars.

Last year I had the local authorized Alfa service center bleed the brakes
while in for something else.  I specified Castrol LMA by bringing a large
bottle to the service center.  When I picked up the car, they handed back
the LMA stating that ALFA recommends DOT3 now.

I was not happy with the official ALFA recommendation to use DOT3.  Soon
after  being bled my speed bleeders arrived.  I installed the speed bleeders
and replaced the fluid with LMA.  No problems and it is about time to run
some fresh fluid through again.

Ken Stevenson
Dallas, Texas