Y2K Fiasco

If you car does not store the time, date, hours since each fault
occured, why would you be worried about Y2K?
Most car radios have a manual time/date input that has nothing to do
with the ECU.
When you disconnect the battery for weeks/months you don't update any
dates except wth OBDII. I fail to see any problem with the 164 control
units or ECU. Am I missing something, or is everyone falling prey to the
media.

Ric Salinas
91 164L
Pompano Beach FL