re: My very terrible experience: CLOSURE

Frank,

Glad to hear things worked out pretty well in the end. I have only
recently tuned into the digest again, so I only caught the end of this,
but  I had two quick thoughts on the subject.

1.  I have found in recent experience that telling my mechanic how soon
I needed the car helped him and me greatly.  If I didn't need my car
back ASAP (like when I had the company car at my disposal) I made sure
to let him know that.  In return, when I did need something quickly, I
almost always got it faster than I expected.

2.  I bucked up for AAA plus last year, and it has more than paid for
itself.  I don't have access to a trailer to tow a dead Alfa, and when
the only mechanic you trust is 60 miles away, it makes sense.  AAA plus
might have saved Frank a bundle on towing charges.

Time to go see if the snow tires were balanced properly, so I can keep
up with the crazy Detroit drivers without vibrating off the road.  :-)

Happy New Year!
Ian Lomax