Subject: Kenlowe Hot Start preheater

Loyd writes

>John Hertzman mentioned the Kenlowe Hot Start preheater, which he stated
has a
>load of 3.0 KW.  This would be 25 amps at 120 volt operation.

>At 240 volt operation, it would require a 20
>amp 2 pole circuit breaker, 20 amp, 240 volt, 2 pole, 3 wire grounding
>receptacle and a made to order extension cord.  All special wiring for your
>block heater, which could then be plugged in only at your house.

Not correct I am afraid for the UK. 3Kw is a standard domestic socket in the
UK. Our kettles & some
toasters are 3Kw, they are only single pole switched as our earth (ground)
wire and Neutral lead are bonded
together locally.
This could & would run on a standard extension lead, this has a 3 pin plug
on it with an integral 13A fuse.

Regards

Jim