Re: alfa-digest V7 #348

Re: To SPICA or not. George, George, George, how could there be any
doubt. With that wonderful piece of machinery with parts which go up and
down and sideways and has a little screw that none other than Pat Braden
says if the little itty bitty plastic thing at the end of it is missing
you should deduct $1,000 (that's Americun money) from it's value and
can't make up it's mind if it's electric or mechanical and let's you buy
a whole bunch of special tools which are no longer available, and which
requires a very, very expensive fuel pump to propel the fuelent (I'm
quite sure there's such a word) into the inlet manifold unless of course
certain parts wear out and it propels the fuelent into the oil causing
the bearings to wear out prematurely, but before that happens you're
driving down a dark and stormy road (sorry Tom, Rachel, Sidney) and that
masterful piece of fiberglas belt happens to decide it's time to part
company and you find yourself by the side of the road, removing the
radiator, etc., etc., etc. Perhaps I shouldn't bring up that little
electric switch which exists at the bottom of the unit so it can be
filled with oil and make the exhaust have considerably more flatulence
than usual. Did I also mention that the very critical oil filters are
going out of stock more and more frequently?

I could go on.

George, it's ugly, expensive=97okay it does idle better than Webers=97but
god is it an ugly, ungainly, monstrosity.

But hey, don't let me influence you.

Biba
Irwindale CA