Re: Block heaters and all that

At 10:06 AM 12/19/98 -0500, JHertzman wrote:
>I suspect
>Fred, Rich, I, and some thoroughly competent Milanese engineers would be
>shopping for block heaters if we lived there, notwithstanding the
availability
>of "10W40 synthetics that pour at below freezing temperatures".

I couldn't agree more. Preheating the engine block has a number of
advantages, not only at "deep sub-zero temperatures", but also when it's
simply cold and wet outside. A preheated engine gives you instant interior
heating and demisting (definitely nice in a gtv6 with its hopeless
ventilation system), no need to take it easy during the first 10 minutes of
driving, with less emissions, better fuel economy, less condensation of
water in the engine and reduced wear.

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix