Great paint in S.F./S.J. area

Apologies to those not in the bay area--this won't interest you.

Beautiful Cars, in Mountain View, on Old Middlefield Road (Dave is the
owner) is probably the most honest shop I have ever run across. Since the
Isuzu incident with the front end of my Spider, and the payment to me from
the driver's dad, I decided to do a good job of the repair, and took it
to Dave. He suggested I take it home, and remove everything I could, to
save paying his workers $54 per hour to do it for me. He then took the
car down to metal, welded in a new floor pan, installed a new windshield,
fixed the Isuzu damage, painted and clear-coated the car. He asked me to
come down and look. I did, and it was GORGEOUS--he color sands the paint
before clear coating, and there weren't any flaws. Truly awesome. I
pointed out one minor part that hadn't been properly sanded and he agreed
to finish it up.

THEN--I noticed the horror. I glumly pointed to all the
holes left over from the rivets that held on the former "rub strips" that
we had agreed had to go (and indeed were one of the reasons I decided to
spend the extra to have the whole car done.) I had understood that they
were to be welded up. Somehow, Dave didn't get the message, and there the
car was--beautiful except for two lines of holes running down both sides
of the car.

Recognize that nowhere on paper was any reference to welding these holes,
and still----Dave is having them welded up ( I will pay only for the
welding and smoothing time) and is entirely repainting the car. This is
thousands of dollars of work that he is swallowing, and all on my word
(he still doesn't remember) that I had asked for them to be filled.

This kind of integrity deserves a lot of support--Give him your work, he
needs it, and will give you a hell of a good job.

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******

End of alfa-digest V7 #346