HELP! GTV6 Engine Decelleration too slow!!

Hello Alfa Digesters,

       I have a question for you guys about my GTV6.  When I accelerate
the engine (in neutral), the motor accelerates normaly and the tach. goes
up normaly 1000rpm, 2000rpm, 3000rpm, 4000rpm etc. etc..  But, when I
take my foot off the accelerator pedel (in neutral) the motor/tach SLOWLY
decellerates 5000rpm, 4000rpm, 3000rpm etc. etc. until it reaches idle.
Now, I know this is not normal, as it just seems to decellerate too slow!
 Normally, when I take my foot off the gas, the tach/motor quickly
decellerates back to its normal idle. How can I fix this problem, so that
it will decellerate as it normally should?  What should I check?  Do you
think the timing is off?   Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Merry Christmas!!,

Todd

Email:  khoppens@domain.elided