Crispy wiring,bad mechanics, GTV6,where to find clutch parts

Greetings Alfisti!
         Thanks to all who sent posts in regards to the rewiring of Vito,my
'84 GTV6.I am truly thankful to all who have sent posts to me regarding
that.To Rich;the harness was tight in its clips against the firewall, but the
clip near the wiper motor DID NOT have it's rubber cover on the clip.That is
where the worst melting of insulation occured.Fascinating..........The harness
going down past the washer bottle is the same way ,though not as badly
burned.Ideas?Tom, I'm going to yank the alternator and have it tested at Trak
Auto, they do it for free.I want to make sure everything is right before this
car gets closer than 50 feet from a battery.......Paul, I am definitely going
to check the ground straps, with all of these wires burned up that's
definitely a good one to check.......
Man, Alfisti are great!Thank you all for these ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now all I
have to do is get out there and fix it;it was 66*F at 7am here this
morning;temps have dropped like a stone since.Winter is here in the nation's
capitol.....           Regarding the bad mechanic in the Cape Cod area,expose
him.He has done the dishonor of ripping you off, and had the unmitigated gall
of asking for MORE money to get your car in drivable condition?Perhaps he
should be taught the procedure known as tarring and feathering?.Do not feel
guilty for exposing something as reprehensible as this;he will rip off only
more Alfisti.
           The GTV6 in Winchester, VAfor sale on the tote the note lot;if
someone will send me an address I'll go and check it out for anyone
interested.Work sends me to that area quite a bit.
       Also, Bryan Carter (Rosso75,but no computer now) is looking for a
source and pricing for the clutch fork and the pivot ball the fork fits into
for his '87Verde.His clutch is back together but the fork and the pivot ball
are worn so badly he's not getting any clutch action.If someone could send me
that info I'll get it to him;been wondering what to get him for Christmas;
getting his car running with these parts might be a good gift>>
       Also, forgot who asked,but yes my wife does help with mechanicing with
the cars.I know very few wives help husbands with working with cars, but I am
blessed with her, a gift from God who enjoys learning about everything like I
do.I am very blessed to have found a woman like her.Besides, she looks great
bent over the fender!
Merry Christmas to all,
Terry Akins
Alexandria, VA