Re: radar detectors

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:09:23 EST
From: SPSNOWMAN@domain.elided
Subject: radar detectors

Anyone have experience with Valentine radar detectors?
I have heard Car&Driver does test on all kinds of detectors.
Looking for a good reliable one.
Giuseppe
86 GTV6
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Giuseppe,

I have a Valentine One and I really like it.  I've had it for 5 years now, and it's more than paid for itself.  It's a little bigger than
most, but it never leaves my car so I don't find that to be a problem.  I can't imagine living without the directional arrows after using
it for this long.  I'd say that's its best feature.  I'm not sure if the laser detector is worth it.  I've been busted by laser once, and
saved once.  Most of the time the laser detector will tell you that you just got caught, and maybe give you time to stash the detector and
try to BS your way out of it.

I know the Valentine One isn't cheap, but every review I've read ranked it first.  If it wasn't first, it was because of the price.  I
think it's worth it, IMHO.

Ian Lomax
Detroit, MI
88 Milano 3.0

PS  Don't leave it on for 3 days like I mistakenly did.  I'm waiting for AAA for a jump-start as I type.  Oops!  ;-(