starting spider when hot

I have a small annoyance with my 87 spider.  When I have driven the car
and shut it down and then restart it after only a few minutes (i.e. when
refueling) it immediately starts but then stumbles for a second and then
returns to normal idle.  On two occassions when the time to restart was
one or two minutes the car died when it stumbled.  When the car has been
on a trip of an hour or so at highway speeds if I shut it down then try to
restart a few minutes later, it idles very roughly but will run perfectly
if I give it some gas and hold at about 3000 rpm.  It will drive normally
though without being rough.

ANy ideas on what could be causing this?  The car starts perfectly when
cold or after it has sat awhile.

Thanks,
Chris