pinging

Tis the Season (for Winter Treated Gas!)

My 92 Spider has started to ping quite a bit recently and my dealer is
guessing it's the oxygenated gas now out in these parts. I've tried 3
different brands, all the highest octane offered by the company, but to no
avail. It is worse when in traffic and it gets nice and hot. I suppose I'll
have to break down and verify the condition of the headgasket, but assuming it
is indeed the winter gas, has anyone found a brand (or any other solution)
that alleviates the problem?

Sigh.
Matthew Born
Philadelphia