ABS pump runs constantly

<<<<<
The ABS works OK on my Verde - the lights go out when the car is started,
but I noticed that the pump runs every time I depress the brake pedal.  Does
this mean the ABS system might be on its last legs?

No, it just means the high-pressure reservoir (big rubber bulb on top of the
pump) needs to be replaced.  I just had mine replaced for about $100.

Howard K. Warren
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 153k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles