Re: Dead 164 battery

If your alarm is in the ON position, I think you are in deep doo-doo
without a key.

When I undid the battery in mine ( unforewarned) I ended up putting the
Alarm horn in a garbage can full of paper until it finally quit howling
about a half hour later! The remote button didn't help a bit.

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Mike Hollinger wrote:

> Can someone fill me in on the drill for replacing the battery in a '91
> 164? I've checked the 164 FAQ (and have Fred's recommendation for the
> replacement Interstate model) but there is no word on the procedure for
> the replacement. The owner's manual doesn't give any help here, either.
> I'm under the impression that you can't simply disconnect the old and
> put in the new without getting a hassle from the alarm. When I bought
> the car used it unfortunately didn't come with the key to the alarm
> system. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Hollinger
> Atlanta

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>