Re: Spider Heater Valve Repair (Was: Re: 84 spider heater (intermittent))

I have a question as to the correct heater valve for a spider with a/c.
IAP seems to and Centerline definately shows two different parts -
one for spiders with a/c, and one for spiders without.  There is a major

difference in the price of the two parts (about $75 vs. $23 for non
a/c).
Bruce doesn't think there really are two parts.  I  agree.
My heater valve looks nothing like that pictured in Centerline
(or IAP - same) for a spider w/ a/c. Unfortunately, the 'w/o a/c'
part for the spider is not pictured in either catalog.  My spider valve
('84)does,
however,  resemble the picture of the valve for Alfetta w/o a/c in IAP.
The number stamped on my heater valve is 80199.
BTW, there is no doubt but that the a/c in my spider is original.

Anyone know?

Rodney