Milano emergency boot (Trunk) release

I just had the nightmare of having the boot release cable snap. I
remembered from the digest that there is a hole behind the number plate
to access the releasse mechanism in emergencies. I spent about half an
hour poking about in this hole with no success. In desperation I
enlarged the hole, only to find out what I already knew. There is no
need. The bit to poke is much lower than the hole and needs to be pushed
left. I had been trying too hard and in the wrong direction as the
release lever is on the right of the car.
When I got in there I found a nylon cable attached as an emergency
release. This disappeared between the back seat and the bodywork.
Where does this come out or is it only present on mine?
- --
Jonathan Coates
Cheshire UK
Alfetta GTV