Disagreement

I wasn't really going to get involved in the controversy between Bernie
Zalasny and Richard but I would like to chime in with a couple of things.

I was a long time member of AROC.  I was the co-founder of the Long
Island Chapter and it's president for it's first three years of
existence. I co-chaired the committee for the 1984 National Convention at
Pocono. I saw LIAROC grow into one of the largest and most active
chapters in AROC.  I have also been a subscriber and occasional
contributor to the Alfa Digest since it spun off from the Italian Car
Digest.

I have not renewed my membership for over ten years because I felt that
the club had lost it's sense of purpose and gotten too expensive for what
it delivered in return. The fact is that I remain in contact with a large
number of ardent Alfisti and am meeting more every month through the
Digest.  In short, the Digest is what AROC used to be. And I suspect that
the BOD may be a little concerned that the Digest may be making AROC
increasingly irrelevant.

I applaud Richard for his selfless efforts to preserve the "Spirit of
Alfa Romeo" that once was the hallmark of AROC.

Tom Muccino
Amherst, NH
(603)672.0763

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]