105 Mechanical Fuel Pumps

I have a Euro Spec 1750 GTV, which I suspect is having mechanical fuel pump
problems. Does anyone know generally how reliable these pumps are and are
they rebuildable? I guess my pump is an original so its done a reasonable
amount of miles (>130,000 miles). Symptoms are engine stalling at idle in
hot weather (40 +C) last week, although I noticed it almost stalled on me
this morning after about 30 minutes running etc. It only seems to do this
once the engine has got good and hot. Car seems to start OK, idle and still
rev nicely. Everything points to the diaphragm getting a little weak and
heat affected if my past experience with mechanical pumps is correct. Thanks
in advance.

Warren Reid
Melbourne, Australia
68 1750 GTV