re: 86GTV-6 speedometer problem

Giuseppe - welcome!  you said:
>...   My speedometer all of the sudden quit on me,(dead).I read a article on
>the GTV-6 faq page on how to repair the sender on the tranny.Has anyone ever
>tried this?Does all the tranny oil come out when you remove the bolt that's
>holding the sender?Any tips?
>       Anyone have any recommendations on a good repair manual for this
>beauty(86GTV-6).
>Any replies will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance.
>Giuseppe
>96 Ducati 900SP
>86 GTV-6
==============================
when my speedo went away, i contemplated the sender repair, but as the gnu one
wasn't too much $$$, i yust ordered it from alfa.  also, you will have some t/a
oil when you pull the old sender out (the bolt yust fits into a notch in the
side of the sender, which keeps the sender in the t/a - you won't lose any fluid
upon bolt-removal), and i wanted to have the rite part to immediately reinstall
after removal of the old one.  i lost mebbe an ounce of fluid.  i did need to
perform some wire-harness surgery, as the gnu sender connection was different
from the old connection - at least the wire colors were correctly matched!

for repairs, i have the copy of the factory milano shop manual, from i.a.p., and
an old haynes alfetta manual.  between those & this list, i'm pretty
well-covered!

ciao for now,

doug s.

'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtwe6 - shankle-ized 3.0 bastard
'88 alfa milano werde
'92 alfa 164L
'95 buell s2 w/white lightning top-end