Uregnt 164 Buying advice needed

Hello all,

This afternoon I looked at a 1991 164S Alfa. It's clean with some paint damage
on the rear spoiler and trunk. The other problems are the leather on the dash
at the instrument binnacle needs to be redone, the front seats are in fair
condition and the bottom is ripped out of the rear seat on the passenger side
needing to have several panels sewn in. On the test drive the rear windows
didn't want to go back up with one very very slow when it did start working
after several minutes of trying the switches. ( I discovered the lock switch
for the back windows but it wasn;t related to that.) The front passenger
window went down and wouldn't go up until I fiddled with the switch for about
four minutes. Also, the seat switches are reluctant to work. The owner tells
me it just needs to have the switches replaced and he will do the ones on the
windows. He warns me though that they will go bad again...is this right?

The car has 102,000 miles on it and is located in Louisiana. It's owned by an
alfa mechanic who says he bought it from a customer and he replaced the
stepper motors about 30,000 miles ago and the clutch a few thousand ago. He
says all the services have been done, timing belts, cv joints, etc recently.

He wants $7000 without the interior cosmetics done or $7500 with the interior
cosmetics done and is willing to offer a 60 day warranty in wrtiting on the
major assemblies.

I REALLY want a 164S... But is this a good deal? It's black with tan interior
which I really like. The mileage, electrics and price scare me.

Please give your input. Is it a good deal? Is the price high? What should I
offer or should I just keep looking? This is the first one I've seen for sale
in Louisiana in two years.

Please answer to the list and to me personally at dmer@domain.elided as I was hoping
to buy in a day or two.

Thank you in advance,