fuel in 164

In a message dated 12/12/98 6:43:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: 164 fuel problem

All my hoses in engine bay had microcracks that showed up only when i took
them off.They were all leaking.I replaced my fuel pressure regulator, cause of
hard start up and in fueltank hose, seemed to work better but then back to
normal.Then I opened up the airbox and played with the mechanism.Started up
much better for 1 day.Now i'm considering getting much deeper into the air box
mechanism.
All your stuff is routine.I would do that even without checking on a used
164.Besides, don't forget to check your local store ofr a fuel pressure
regulator price.Got one real cheap and i think that my original pressure
wasn't too good anyway.
A suggestion? i found that the rubber hose that plugs into the back of the
fuel pressure regulator was cracked too. So maybe there..

Good Luck
Vlad

'91 164L