164 fuel problem

    Hello fellow digest readers.

Hopefully one of you can help me out.

A couple of months ago, my 91 164 had the familiar problem of the split
fuel line on the fuel pump in the gas tank.

I replaced the line.   Ran great for a month and the no start ago.
After much time investigating I discovered the line I replaced had come
off.
I put it back on and made sure the clamps were tight( do not want to
take the pump out again, ever).  She started right up.
Next day I drove to work.   When I came out it would not start.  It had
ruptured the rubber hose going to the fuel rail in the engine bay.  I
replaced
that and drove home.   Next day no start again...... This time the other
rubber fuel line on the intake rail was ruptured..
Replaced it and it started after idling fine for a couple of minutes it
started to slighty surge in a cyclic pattern.   ????????

Could this be a sign of a bad fuel pressure regulator????   I checked
the fuel return line and it was dry.  Is it building to much pressure
and causing the lines to rupture or blow off?

Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Happy Holidays!