MTBE

Back when California Senate Bill SB-42 was forming I had a pretty active
webpage going on the subject and some of it dealt a bit with the MTBE issue.
Since the passage of SB-42 I haven't been actively campaigning against MTBE,
just kind of passively sitting by and watching the uproar. Figuring all
along that this stuff is on it's way out.

Well today I pick up the paper and on page 3B this is the story headline:

"MTBE isn't carcinogenic, experts rule"

My mouth dropped open and I just thought man... Big oil and big business
will just stick it to us every time and any time they damn well please. We
all know this is a crock 'o shit.

It's not harmful? - I want to see the 'experts' drink a glass of it.

Anyway, I'm going to get a new webpage going and get all of us completely
educated on this stuff. Hope nobody minds me pestering you all with it but
even those of you who might think it doesn't effect you - you don't know,
the oil companies love the stuff. They have organizations to promote it.

For starters, I'd like to hear all of your horror stories concerning this
crap. Send them to me off-digest and I'll compile them on the webpage so we
don't have to take up too much digest bandwidth.

I know this is mostly a California issue right now but....

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project
E-Mail - mailto:pi@domain.elided