Parking Brake cable repair?

After years of tentative functionality it seems the  parking brake cable
on my 73' Spider has finally broken or 98% of it anyway...(when trying to
roll the car out of my garage it would'nt budge even with the brake lever
in the normal "released" position ...tranny in neutral of course) ..after
repeatedly engaging and releasing the lever the brake seemed to loosen
and I could move the car although it still seems as though the brake is
causing some friction.

 Has anyone repaired/replaced a parking brake cable recently? Is this a
pain in the butt knuckle-breaker or pretty straight-forward? Any
thoughts/advice are appreciated!

- -Marty

Marty Stuczynski                                             offcon6@domain.elided

End of alfa-digest V7 #318