Stradale phtoo

I've just been catching up with old digests, and found the following, from
Michael Williams:

"I bought a beautiful book while in Belgium last. Fantastiques Alfa Romeo by
Greggio and Bacchi. Comes in great slipcover with Stradale phtoo on cover."

What exactly is Stradale phtoo?  If you *don't* want it on your book cover, can it be cleaned off?  Do you need to disinfect the
book afterwards?

- - David R.
(now worried about the mystery filling in the Belgian chocolates
in the fridge...)