"Alfa V6 at redline..."

Someone posted a couple of letters the other day with a closing tag
about the lovely sound of an Alfa V6 at redline. I couldn't agree
more, except...exactly where is that? Our 2.5 Milano is the only one
I've driven, and those little stripes on the tach face have so
discolored over time as to be essentially meaningless. Not that I
intend to go out and run it up there (it's my wife's car, not mine,
which is why I haven't tried to confirm those 130 mph claims, either),
but it'd be nice to know where the ceiling's supposed to be.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN