Tire question

Ahoy ahoy!

I'm in serious need of 4 new tires for my Verde.  Someone, somewhere (Tire
Rack or Discount Tire or other) recommended the Pirelli P600 MS as a good all
'round performance, weather tire.  Tire Rack has these listed at about $72
each.  The local Discount Tire store guy said that these tires have been
discontinued and have been replaced w/the P400s which cost more and may or may
not be all-season tires (do I need all-season?) The Tire Rack web site lists
the P600 MS as in stock.  Should I order these?  Interested in hearing
opinions on which tires to get.  Primary use will be driving around town and
fast acceleration from stop signs and lights. Also, I'm on a budget since I
won't yet start working for another week or two.  I know tire questions come
up freqeuntly, but all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kit Redwine
Seattle, WA
88 Verde (Got a flat b/f a job interview last Friday. Finally changed to full-
size spare on Sunday. Drove 1 mile and flatted spare. Car currently resting on
side street at GreenLake. Anyone want to wash it for me?)