Re: job offer and general question re: parts

Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society <alfabill@domain.elided> writes:
> I need your unbiased (?) input...I am discussing some job opportunities
> with an Alfa dealer who also carries a main line japanese import which
> does well.
> I need to come up with some ideas to boost his Alfa parts bizz.

Here's what I want from an Alfa parts business:

- - can get factory parts (from ARDONA or europe if necessary)
- - has a good stock of factory parts (maintenance items and rebuild parts)
- - willing to do "urgent" special orders
- - prices competitive and consistant (ie. no bargaining required), like 10% off
  Alfa list.
- - has alternate parts sources when factory parts are unavailable or not
  competitive
- - has 800 number
- - sales person is knowledgeable and friendly
- - prompt shipping and reasonable shipping cost
- - reliable
- - reliable
- - reliable

- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6 - need to fix leaky injector hoses
'87 Milano Gold - back on road after complete engine rebuild
'94 164LS Auto - 60K service in progress
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm