Re: 164 LS - Infant Seats

This may be too mundane a question, but in my '94 164 LS behind each
rear seat in the rear parcel shelf there is a place for what looks like
the attachment point for a "tether strap" that manufacturers of car
seats/infant seats are now selling to stabilize the seat.  Does anyone
know if this is what this mounting point was intended for (I am not sure
if they are on earlier model years).  I would not be surprised if it is
really intended for a European car seat attaching method, but I see no
reason not to useit for the tether strap.  Any ideas??