re: Water Pump-Life remaining...

In AD v7n307, Robert wrote:

>A few weeks ago I notices my '69 1750 starting leak from the weep hole in
>the bottom of the water pump.

<snip>

>It currently only leaks after the motor is stopped (in other words it does
>not leak at idle).

<snip>

The cooling system pressure may be pushing the coolant out the seal when the
engine is hot and not running. You might try carefully relieveing the pressure
in the cooling system by removing the radiator cap when you are finished
driving (turn the engine off). You have to do this very carefully so as not to
scald your hand/arm/face/etc. Leave the cap partially off until you're ready
to start driving again.

This should reduce the amount of coolant you're putting on the ground.

Best of luck.

Tom
'63 Spider (safely chained to the garage as the snows start)
Seattle