Water Pump-Life remaining...

Hi Digesters,

A few weeks ago I notices my '69 1750 starting leak from the weep hole in
the
bottom of the water pump. I know I have to replace it, but I am trying to
figure out
how much time I have left. For various reasons it would help me to keep
driving
the car for a week or two more before repair (no time or space currently).

It currently only leaks after the motor is stopped (in other words it does
not leak at idle). I only drive about
10 mile per day, point to point. It has been leaking about 1/2 gallon total
per week. No current problems
with heating up. I am not sure how many miles are on the current pump (I
know it more then 50K). I do have one
50 mile trip to make next week.

I am trying to second guess if I can limp through the next week or two just
keeping an eye on it, or could it be
about to totally fail or start really leaking? The bearing shows no sign of
play or being loose when I move
the fan around.

Advice, comment and random thoughts are welcome.

Robert Watson
Novato, CA

69' Spider 1750
67' GTV (fresh 1750 on being transplanted into car later this week!)