re: GTV-6 Bushing dilemma, Checking tranny fluid

'enzo', among other things, you said:
>...Can you take the castor rod off without changing the setting by
disconnecting it
>at the suspension, and removing the nut that secures the other end to the body?
yes, this is the normal way to do it, afaik.  and any competent shop that does
alignments should offer a one-year warrantee - they'll re-czech/re-adjust  your
alignment for a year (after the poly bushings show up!)

>    My other question regards the tranny.  How does one check the gear oil
level?  I
>see the plug on the side of the casing, does the fluid need to be as high as
the
>plug? How do you drain the tranny, and what should I refill it with?
to czech the gear oil level, fill it 'til it starts coming out!  you should be
able to find the t/a drain plug, at the side of the t/a, on the bottom.  i
recommend using lubrication engineers gear oil, as awailable from eriminas, in
ct, torrington, i believe.

good luck,

doug s.