Re: alfa-digest V7 #305

From: "s evans" <bigred62@domain.elided>

>Would someone please give suggestions on how to remove the front bumper
>on a '73 GTV.  I can't get a socket wrench onto what appears to be a
>17mm bolt inside the front of the body due to the small size of the
>opening where the bolt is, and trying an open end wrench on it doesn't
>work either because the front of the bumper has a rectangular head on
>the bolt that I can't grip to hold or turn.

You have to remove the front wheels and then take out the inner splash
panel. It's just held in place with 5 (I think) screws. That gives you
complete access to the bumper mounting nut.

>Also, are there any suggestions on repairing/replacing/updating the
>wiring and socket for the front side marker lights?  The wires are
>broken off the two little "nipples" that the light bulb's two contacts
>make contact with.

This one's easy. Go down to your local cheap car parts store and get a
replacement. It's an SAE standard socket base and will probably cost
you a buck fifty or so. Just pull the old one out the front, thread the
new one in and use some crimp connectors to attach to the existing wires.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                | "For this is the time to eat, drink and be  |
| jack@domain.elided   | merry 'til the good is all spilled and the  |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      | wiskey has flowed; and the whole family tree|
| Livermore, CA		      | you neglected to bury are feeding their     |
|                             | faces until they explode!" - Elvis Costello |
| (510) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |          "The St. Stvens Day Murders"       |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |