Re: Giulietta brake problem

This is probably caused because your Recuperating Seal Bypass Holes are
obstructed. This can result in residual pressure in the master cylinder,
hence the brake lights remaining on.

The master cylinder push rod should be set to have a clearance at the
the piston.

This is described in plain english in the Technical Notes section for
the Giulietta master cylinder on the Alfa Stop web site,
www.alfastop.co.uk.

This also applies for the 1900, 2000 (102 series), 2600 & Giulia 101
series.

Hope that this cures the problem, please tell me the result.

Tony Stevens

Alfa Stop

In message , Tim Carrico <tcarrico@domain.elided> writes
>I have a '62 Sprint Speciale with a weird brake problem. After driving
>for about 10 minutes, the brakes, or at least one wheel's brakes, seize
>up and the brake lights come on and there is no travel at all in the
>brake pedal.
>
>After the car sits and cools down for a while the brake lights go off
>and the car can drive. I haven't had a chance to jack it up yet and see
>which wheel(s) is frozen, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.
>It would seem to be heat related, like a binding shoe overheating, but
>that doesn't seem to explain the brake lights being on. And the master
>cylinder, where the brake light switch is, shouldn't be getting real
>hot. So.  .   .

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900