tor-q wrenches

Paul Rollins wrote:
> Are you using a click style torque wrench? If so, check the
> calibration. They do get out of spec in time. At a recent
> tech session, the speaker said that the racecar mechanics
> with whom he had worked had their expensive t-wrenches checked
> about every six months (and the wrenches were usually out of
> spec).

But with the bending beam offers so much more feel!  You can literally see
where the elastic strain is taking place, as you continue to pull on the
handle, you can see the indicator stop advancing once the steel bolt starts
to yield a bit.  This may be more accurate than a clicker-type which may be
more prone to inaccuracies of dirt on the threads, i.e. false assurance.
Then again I haven't had time to check out the i saluti article, which has
always provided me fabulously informative articles.

'appy 'olidays

Steve Schaeffer
http://www.luxline.com/turner