re: more Milano Q's

Domenic asked a few questions:
>Where are the switches for the dome light located in the Milano?  Are they
>in the lock mechanism itself??
I think you mean the push-button switches in the front of the door 'casings'
that get activated by opening/closing the door?  Just open the doors and
look around, you'll see them.  My drivers' side switch is uncooperative also
and needs cleaning.

>Second, as I was reading the shop manual last night I saw that the Milano's
>are supposed to come with a "ignition advance unit."  This unit has a
>temperature sensor located with the other coolant sensors near the
>thermostat.  Well I checked mine.  The sensor is there but there is no wire
>going to it.  Nor could I find any trace of a wire which may have lead to
>it.  Was this not in the US cars or is this the source of my Milano's
>hesitant ways??
That was disconnected in a factory recall.  If you look at the harness right
there I bet you'll see the clipped-off end of the wire or a wire that's
doubled back into the harness.  Alfa apparently decided that sensor caused
more trouble than it's worth.

Good luck with your hesitation.  My guess (SWAG only) is the O2 sensor.
Check it out.

Chris Lesher