Bosch Technical Hotline

Just thought I'd pass along some info that I discovered during the course
of trying to locate parts for the Bosch generator from my '67 Giulia
Super. I need field coils for the generator, and was told by all of the local
sources that "Bosch no langer carries them." I then called the Bosch
technical hotline at (800) 521-5462 (option 3), and the kind folks there
spent a long time on the phone with me looking up Bosch's current parts
codes for the field coils based on the generator number stamped on the
generator body.
Armed with the parts codes, I then called Bosch's U.S. parts service in
Broadview, IL at (708) 865-5200, and was informed that the parts are
indeed available. They also gave me the name and phone number of my
local Bosch distributor, who promptly ordered the parts for me from
Bosch.
Hope this information is of use to other Alfisti searching for "unobtainium"
electrical parts.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA