re: GTV values

John Justus responded to an ongoing thread about the value of a  '74
Bertone GTV:
>I think a more realistic (and fair) price would be around $3000-4000 if the
>car runs.  BWDIK, and while it is nice to get a bargain, I do have some,
>currently regarded as, old fashioned ideas about fairness, etc.

Maybe I missed something, but it was my impression that the car in question
was said to be rust free, but did not run and had "normal" wear throughout.
 I haven't ever seen a deteriorated, non-drivable example sell for anywhere
near that kind of money.  Maybe prices are just lower where I live (North
Carolina, USA).  On the other hand, as a GTV owner, I wouldn't be unhappy
if a non-running GTV really were worth that kind of money; that should make
my thoroughly presentable and drivable car worth, let's see...

Dana Loomis
'72 2000 GT Veloce