Used Milano clutch

Craig Walker wrote:
 << Chris Boles and I just ran into a hitch on a used clutch and need a
replacement ASAP (the next couplee days).

  I recently went shopping for a new clutch assembly and nearly fell on my
head when I saw the price.  I figured 'Hey, it's only $115 for my VW GTi.  How
much more can an Alfa clutch cost?'  Now I know.  I too considered looking for
a good used one, but putting in a used clutch strikes me sort of like putting
in used brake pads....not something I really wanted to do.  If the clutch is
good, fantastic, but that's quite a bit of work to go through to risk it on
used parts. Besides, I figured most people with a good used clutch would want
a big pile of cash for it, seeing as how the new ones cost so much.
  You seem to have a time constraint, so I don't know how much help this will
be, but one thing I considered was having mine resurfaced.  I called
Centerforce to see if they had anything and they didn't, but they said they
could resurface and rebalance my old assembly.  They told me they had a number
of ways to modify it including carbon fiber friction material.  They gave me a
ballpark price of 'around $200' which as I recall was to resurface the disk
with stock friction material.  You can reach them at 800-932-5882.  No
financial interest, blah, blah, blah.
  Another thought I had was to find a local shop to do it.  I know a place
down the road from me that makes and balances custom driveshafts, and
resurfaces clutch disks and brake shoes for tractor-trailers.  If it's good
enough for a 40,000 pound truck, I figure it's ok for my little Milano.  They
may or may not do something like this, but they'll know a reputable shop that
does.  I'm sure you can find one in your area too.  That way you have
basically a new clutch at a used clutch price, and hopefully you can get it
done in a couple of days.
good luck
Bryan Carter