transmission removal

 I just removed my first 4cyl alfa engine/tranmission combo last weekend
and I removed the idler mount from the passenger side of the car to get
the drag link out of the way. Worked great.

 Also, I only removed the shift lever from the transmission and didn't
have any clearance problems due to the stump that was left sticking out.
Maybe it was because I had put the front tires up on a couple of pieces
of 4x6 lumber that was kicking around to give a little extra clearance
under the car.

Phil Willliams
Upstate NY
3 spiders and a platinum