milano shocks

I have an 87 Milano Gold which, in my opinion, has an excess amount of
body roll. I am planning to install new shocks, but need a recomendation
on the best shocks. Will a good set of Konis help alleviate this
problem, or do I need to change out the springs as well. Are there good
coil-over shocks on the market for this car? Another question- My hood
release cable is no longer working. The problem seems to be caused by
the lever, or something under the dash. The cable seems to intact. It is
a real pain to take the grill off every time I check the oil. Do I have
to remove the dash to fix the problem?
Thanks
Bill Dominici