Trivia Question: GT Veloce Automatica

I had understood that fairly small numbers of Berlinas had been built with
automatic transmissions, generally understood to have been for the
Australia/New Zealand market and perhaps South Africa also. And in the
twilight years of the Spider in the USA automatics were offered.

Now in AD7-290 Nick Tangney, moving from Perth to Brisbane, mentions "my
lowered, but otherwise standard '75 (105 series) GTV 2000 Automatic (the
ladies car) and my own street driven '71 1750 (now 2 litre, efi, turbo,
intercooled, lowered, bumperless, etc) GTV."

I realize that the automatic GT Veloce could have been a conversion, (given
the description of its stablemate) but the question hangs there: did Alfa
Romeo build some GT Veloces with automatic boxes? And, more generally, does
anybody have information on the dates, models, numbers, and markets offered
automatics prior to their general availability?

John H.