Re: Cam covers - advice needed

Eeeek! Henrik, it's the cam CAPS you are supposed to torque to 15 lb-ft, NOT
the cam COVER. You might also pull the cam cover studs out of the caps doing
this. I don't use a torque wrench on cam covers, but the torque applied
can't be more than 5-10 lb-ft. 4-6 lb-ft is typical for cam/valve covers.

Please check the cam cover hold-down studs before you put the cover back on.
If the threads in the cap are stripped, a Helicoil will have to be put in
to make the stud hold.