dodgy body shop

About 9 months ago I had my GTV repaired and repainted after being gouged by
a truck.  at the same time as the repair, I had the whole car repainted.

Ive had the car for about 3 1/2 years now, and in the whole time I had it,
there was no rust in it.  Shortly after the repaint, I noticed what I
thought were rust blisters starting to appear in the rocker panel just in
front of the rear wheel.  I took the car back to the reparier, who told me
it was probably just an 'irregularity in the body filler' and told me that
it wasnt a problem, but to keep an eye on it.  I has got slightly worse in
the 6 months since then, but I now have similar blisters appearing around
the door handles.  A thin inch-long crack has also appeared in the paint,
along one of the welds where they patched the front guard.

What I want to know is, do I have a case to take the car back to the
repairer and ask him to fix the blisters for free?  I'm sure he will claim
that its nothing to do with him and that rust happens.  Im pretty sure it
was due to poor prep work though.  When the car was being painted, I was
ringing him up pretty much every day, and he kept putting me off, saying
that the car was prepped, ready to go but he just had this other job...  so
I suspect the car sat there in its primer for quite some time before
painting.

The paint job itself is fine - no complaints at all.

I dont want to go charging in and demand he fix it all, if it may not be his
fault, but at the same time, having to have bits of the car repaired and
repainted only 9 months after it was done seems to me to be a bit dodgy.

any thoughts or similar experiences?  maybe if there are some
painters/repairers on the digest, they could offer some opinions...

Thanks,

Ben
'68 1750 GTV