My 2 cents on the gear shifting

My 2 cents on the gear shifting.

I have been experiencing a balky 2nd gear.  It doesn't seem to want spin
down fast enough for a "normal" upshift (3-4000rpm).  This is on new
synchros.  So I tried different oils until I got fed up and put in Castrol
Hypoy C 140 W as a last ditch attempt to cure it.

Result: The thick oil slows the second gear down enough for a normal upshift
with a tiny pause to feel the gear stop and you can click the gear in.  In
fact, the oil actually made the gearbox feel newer as it takes up all the
slack in the 27 year old gearbox.

140W oil also silenced the bearings in the gearbox tremendously at normal
operating temperature.  I don't have a problem with vicosity as it is 32C
(90F) EVERYDAY of the year here in Singapore.

Its in my differential too.

Andrew C
1300 GTJ