Spider noises; Milano & Mobil 1

1.    My 85 Spider has emerged from the body shop after 8 months, and a wee
shout out with a good body man, mediocre business man.  In any event,the car
looks presentable, especially with its new top.  The problem is the nasty
sound the car now makes.  The first few miles after a cold start are fine.
Soon however, there is a scraping noise-- like metal rubbing against
something.  It only occurs when the car is moving.  It can be stopped by
turning the steering wheel slightly.  It is not constant, more like whatever
is rubbing is hitting a high spot, or protrusion as a wheel, rotor or other
rotating part is turning. Sort of like when you have a bent bicycle wheel
and the wheel rubs the brake pad as it is going around (just add scraping
noise). Braking while the noise occurs does not effect the noise.  Any
ideas?  I would appreciate the help, it really sounds bad.  I've checked the
drive shaft, brake rotors "look" okay, no unusual brake pad wear, no signs
of any rubbing anywhere...  This is quite a loud scrape, scrape, scrape...
thanks in advance.

2.    FWIW I just change the oil in my 87 Milano.  Went from Agip Sint
20w-50 to Mobil 1 5w-30 for the winter.  Just as I was amazed by how my
knocking sound went away by going back to 93 octane, my oil change has
eliminated what was my normal first start stumble.  The engine has not
seemed stiff in way after a cold start since changing to the Mobil 1.
Normally the engine would sort of "stumble" after sitting overnight with
near freezing or lower temperatures.  Not any more.

3.    While changing to the Mobil 1 in the Milano, I went to put on the new
oil filter when I realized it was not the correct one.  Being Sunday, I ran
down to the local store parts place the book said the Milano takes the same
filter as my Spider.  I have plenty of Spider filters and I'd hate to try to
squeeze that into the Milano.  Well in the end I bought a filter the book
said was for the V6 4-valve.  It looked correct and fit fine.  If this was a
mistake which will have dire consequences, I'd love to know, otherwise I'll
continue dumb and happy.

Andrea A. Angera, Jr.
85 Spider
87 Milano